All you need to know about Melamine Wood
Melamine wood is one of the commonly used engineered wood panels that is commonly used in constructing in industries. It is used in manufacturing kitchen cabinets, display counters and even office furniture, Melamine has grown to be a popular choice of material in building and it offers lower quality materials with an attractive and durable finish.
Here are a few things that you might need to know about this interesting piece of engineered wood material: –
What is Melamine?
- Melamine laminate is a hard resin that is generally used as an overlay for building materials like Medium-Density Fiberboard or plywood.
- In its most basic form, melamine is an organic compound, that when combined with formaldehyde, forms a thermosetting plastic with a strong durability.
- This ‘plastic’ is then added to a paper base to form the laminate that covers a range of materials and household objects, which is used to only be remoulded or shaped into a form only once.
- Most melamine products contain nitrogen which is used to increase the protein content of the feed merchandise
- Nitrogen used in melamine products makes the product have a longer lifespan and durability in better stages of protein, however melamine has no nutritional fee within them.
- Melamine is a chemical that is banned and prohibited in pet food and animal feed, as it could endanger animal health and kidney stones, and cause death among animals.
Is Melamine Considered Harmful or Toxic?
- While melamine is a type of resin that has high power and hardness, it has no dangerous additives used in curing process.
- Melamine paste panel is made of panel paper infused with melamine glue solution and cured below high temperature and strain.
- Therefore, melamine paste panel is considered to be pleasant and not harmful.
What is Melamine Wood?
Melamine wood is also known as melamine laminates pressure laminate erase boards, stain resistant paint-loose board, ecological board, and even a solid wood molding board.
Melamine board, normally referred to as medium density, is made of melamine infused melamine resin paper veneer artificial board.
Its based cloth is also a particleboard and a medium fiber board with base cloth and floor agglutinate and end up.
What Is Melamine Wood Used For?
- The melamine wood has an attractive surface, convenient for construction, wear-resistant and scratch-resistant.
- It is commonly used in customizing office supplies, asn decorating melamine furniture such as cabinet wardrobes, bathroom cabinets and others.
Melamine wood can also be used in building and manufacturing: –
- Kitchen cabinets
- White boards
- Flooring wood products
- Soundproofing material wall panel
What are the Advantages of Using Melamine Wood?
- Melamine is a synthetic material that can be easily composed of many materials such as wood, glue, resins and even paper
- Attractive and beautiful in appearance
- Available in many different colors and textures as well as faux wood grains
- More consistent and stronger than regular wood grains
- The paper and resin enable melamine wood to be easier to clean
- Strong durability
- Has a strong sense of resistance towards heat, moisture, dirt and stains.
What are the Disadvantages of Using Melamine Wood?
- Melamine wood are heavier in weight as compared to solid wood
- One must take extra care during installation of melamine wood products
- One must never install a melamine wood product near a sink or any place that can be exposed to moisture as it ruins the quality of the material, and the material will become difficult to close and maintain.